Shipping included in price!
Ben has taught on the issue of music and the Christian for two decades. This book is a result of his observations and study of the Bible to help people make wise, biblically-based decisions on music.
Can we be both conservative and creative at the same time? How do we deal with those who disagree?
Here's the table of contents:
1. What do I Mean by Christian Music?
2. Why did I write this book?
3. Fusses, Fights, and Funerals
4. The most important thing about music isn’t music.
5. Stop Misrepresenting the Holy Spirit!
6. 5 Ways People Will Discourage You
7. Is Music Really Worth Fighting about Anymore?
8. Does the Bible Talk about How We Do Things?
9. What Are the Basic Positions on Music Today?
10. Why I Believe the Conservative Approach Is Best
11. How to Draw Principles for Music from the Bible
12. Principle: Singing is Evidence of a Spirit-filled Life.
13. Principle: Music is Designed to Help Us Meditate and Memorize Scripture.
14. Principle: The Believer Is not to Love or Be Like the World.
15. Principle: We Are Commanded to Prove All Things, Including Music.
16. Principle: Righteousness and Unrighteousness Do not Mix.
17. Principle: Sensuality Cannot be Used to Worship Jehovah.
18. Principle: Music Communicates.
19. Principle: Our Music Should Exhibit the Characteristics Found in Philippians 4:8.
20. Modern Worship: Does Methodology Matter?
21. Modern Worship: A Biblical Understanding
22. Modern Worship: A Critical Error
23. Modern Worship: What Is the Proper Place for Emotions?
24. 3 Worship Stories
25. Modernizing without Compromising
26. What Will Worship Music Look like in One Hundred Years?
27.We Need to Teach the “Whys.”
28. 8 Encouragements to Sacred Music Conservatives
29. How I Deal with Musical Disagreement
30. The Guiding Principle Principle
31. Did David Dance Naked before the Lord?
32. What about Music for Entertainment?
33. Music and Associations
34. Let’s Pray for Our Brethren!